RE: Cyanotype & Ferric Oxalate & APIS 2006 & Retro-invention & Herschel

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 02/16/06-12:13:01 AM Z

If you remember, in my very first message to you I requested a speed
comparison in terms of stops. You can direct scientific tests similar to
those made by Sandy King while he was evaluating different lightsources
for alternative processes. See
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Light/L2/l2.html

It's easy: just print a Traditional Cyanotype step wedge showing steps 1
and 2 merged to dmax, do the same for Cyanotype-Rex (using the same
artificial lightsource for both test) and note the exposure times. This
will give you the speed (exposure time) and contrast (printed steps)
difference between the emulsions in a very scientific and exact manner.

Will you be kind enough to do this test and share the results with us?

TIA,
Loris.