Why use cyanotype in-camera?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 02/17/06-01:38:29 AM Z

From: TERRYAKING@aol.com
Subject: Fwd: Cyanotype
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:26:35 -0500 (EST)

> I get a negative image which can then be used to make a contact
> positive just as one would with film. (If FP4 goes off the market
> maybe I will have a stand by for architectural photography).

If you need negative emulsion to use in-camera, why don't you make
silver gelatin emulsion instead of much slower printing-out process?
Beginning with a printing out process and emphasizing in-camera
usability makes it sound like you are trying something serious with a
wrong tool.

If you are an expert in the history of photography, you must know that
the development process is one of the most important factors that
enhanced the photographic speed of materials. Printing out processes
have a huge handicap in this regard.

Then you can print on silver gelatin paper as well. My current
enlarging print emulsions can give Dmax approaching 2 with single
coating, as long as the surface is very smooth. Even if I coat on cold
press or rougher paper, 1.4 is very easy to beat.