Re: Cyanotype

From: Susan Huber ^lt;shuber@ssisland.com>
Date: 02/17/06-06:56:40 PM Z

Hi David,
I recently mixed a batch of cyanotype of the green type ( I used the brown
type 20 years ago and last year used the 'new'Ware solution which was
difficult to mix. The green brushes on greener than the brown and the War'es
soluttions did... I mixed the classic ala C. Jamesas per his book which has
a lot more Fe.Ammonic and Ferricyanide solution than the 'old' one of the W.
Crawford's formula. The prints were very bleached even after 30 minutes
under the UV printer. I used the sun last year and did better with the Ware
solution. 20 years ago I was on city water- I am on my hard water (well
water) and wonder why nothing looks good?
I can't afford to waste materials as I have to get them form the States. (I
live in Canada).
Do you have an idea what is wrong- I do dev. the negatives in Pyro- and 20
years ago- I didn't...
Thanks, Susan
www.susanhuber.com