Re: UV Unit

From: Jon Lybrook ^lt;jon@terabear.com>
Date: 02/21/06-03:00:54 PM Z

That's a good price. I built one like it once following Dick Sullivan's
blueprints in one of his books. Took me personally a month of weekends
+ $150 to build it.

I abandoned it however, since I do poly plates. I found that when
exposing plates 8x10" or larger, there were light, patchy aberrations
that wouldn't go away in spite of all the conventional tricks I tried:
baby powder, using vacuum frame underneath, etc. It might be fine for
the other techniques you mentioned. Others on the list would be better
qualified to comment on that.

I finally bought a refurbed Olec quartz-halogen unit with integrated
vacuum frame, which, with some modifications, now works great for poly
plates.

Best wishes,
Jon