RE: VDB is "Brownprint" process?

From: Loris Medici ^lt;mail@loris.medici.name>
Date: 02/23/06-08:55:09 AM Z

I don't prefer to filter the sludge just after mixing. Since this type
of emulsion needs a ripening time (1 - 2 days) before working
consistently, I prefer to leave all the chemicals intact and shake the
bottle occasionally (every 1 - 2 hours or when it comes to my mind)
during the ripening period. When the ripening period is over, I filter
the emulsion and start to use it. Maybe it's a too
conservative/compulsive way of action but I feel better doing so. The
sludge issue is normal for Vandyke; never managed to mix it without
sludge formation. I was disturbed of it (thinking the same way as you
think right now) the first time I mixed it - but it worked well. Never
had a problem (apart of silver plating in relatively old sensitizer ~
after around 1 year) with any of batches I mixed (all of them
demonstrated this sludge phenomenon).

Regards,
Loris.