Van Dyke toning trying to remember...

From: Christopher Lovenguth ^lt;chris@chrisportfolio.com>
Date: 02/24/06-05:31:14 PM Z

Hello everyone,

I've just started doing some Van Dyke prints again. I haven't done these for
a while and my cool recipe book isn't in NYC with me (in storage upstate)
and I was trying to remember if there is a way to darken the brown like you
can do with hydrogen peroxide on a cyanotype. I know you can use gold and
selenium toners, but isn't there a common household item that can be used or
am I totally wrong here? I thought I remember using something that made my
browns go much more "chocolate" after development and fixing, and I know I
never used gold or selenium on alt prints ever so I know it wasn't these
two.

Oh, I hot hairdryer dry my prints already, maybe that is all I used to do?

Chris
http://www.chrisportfolio.com