Re: Combining Pt/Pd and cyanotype

From: Marek Matusz ^lt;marekmatusz@hotmail.com>
Date: 01/03/06-10:04:03 AM Z

Susan,
I do not thnk anybody picked it up. I have done some cyano over palladium
prints. I do palladium layer first, perhaps somewhat lighter then for
palladium only with all the details in the highlights. Then typical
cyanotype solution. I wanted to add cool shadows only in the cyanotype
layer. My exposure for cyanotype were 50 to 70% of palladium exposures.
Since this is a double pass processes you do run into paper shrinkage issues
and negative registration. Depending on you paper and negative size you
might have to preshrink the paper. After some more experimentation I decided
that I like gum over palladium better. It gives me more control and the gum
layer can be taken off if I do not like it, leaving the palladium print
intact for more experimentation.
Have fun with it.
Marek, Houston