Re: Message from Mark Nelson

From: Richard Knoppow ^lt;dickburk@ix.netcom.com>
Date: 01/03/06-08:33:03 PM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Katharine Thayer" <kthayer@pacifier.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Message from Mark Nelson

> Hi, I think this is a bigger problem than just aol,
> although it's interesting as a side note that my spam
> filter in my mail program automatically categorizes as
> junk anything that comes from anyone who has an aol
> address. But these are mails that came through the list,
> so it's not that the usask server rejects all aol mail.
> And I've had my mail bounce off and on in the last few
> weeks, with the same message Mark got, that it's spamf3
> at usask that bounced me, and the error message reads
> "user unknown in relay recipient table" I've got the
> impression from other comments that several other people
> have had the same problem, people also not aol-connected.
> Katharine

  If your spam blocker works like the one at Earthlink it
will have a web site for controlling it. If so, check the
address book and the blocked senders list for AOL. It may be
that at some time in the past you blocked someone with an
AOL address and accidently told the blocker to block the
whole AOL domain. You can probably either remove the domain
from the blocked senders list or OK it on the address book.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com