RE: ferric citrate

From: Michael Koch-Schulte ^lt;mkochsch@shaw.ca>
Date: 01/07/06-09:13:47 PM Z

Ann,
I also stumbled upon this link. Now my curiosity is getting the better of
me...

"...Panion's new patent covers a process that makes ferric citrate in three
steps or less, which makes the product's final composition much easier to
control, with more reproducible ratios between the iron and citrate
components.
The process involves mixing solid citric acid and a solid ferric salt –
preferably ferric chloride, ferric sulfate or ferric nitrate - adding
alcohol to the mixture, and then filtering the mixture to obtain solid
pharmaceutical-grade ferric citrate. .."

http://www.in-pharmatechnologist.com/news/ng.asp?n=60526&m=1IPE608&c=#emailc
ode

I guess the big question is which alcohol do you use?

~m