Re: Glyoxal?

From: Katharine Thayer ^lt;kthayer@pacifier.com>
Date: 01/11/06-08:06:40 PM Z

Hi Yves,
Mine from Photographers' Formulary says simply "Glyoxal" and there
is a CAS Mixture Number 107-22-2, if that's any help. I am pretty
sure this is the standard 40% concentration that most people use for
our purposes but suddenly I'm not sure I know how I know that, since
there's nothing on the bottle that gives the percent solution. At
any rate it works well for me at 3 mls of the solution per 200 ml
gelatin solution, which is kind of a standard recommendation, usually
expressed as 15 ml per liter of gelatin solution. Or expressing it as
grams to grams, hardener to gelatin, as I think Ryuji was
recommending, I guess I use 1.2 (g?) of glyoxal (3 ml * .40) per 7
grams of gelatin.
Katharine