Re: Glyoxal?

From: Yves Gauvreau ^lt;gauvreau-yves@sympatico.ca>
Date: 01/12/06-12:34:10 AM Z

Katharine, Ryuji and all

yes it helps Katharine . The first item in my catalog as the same CAS number
as you mention and your right again about the concentration it's 40%
(38-42%) here also. The formula for this one is (Glyoxal, 40% in water)
C2H2O2 there are also these in my catalog:
Glyoxal, Dihydrate (trimer) C6H606*2H2O CAS 4405-13-4
Glyoxal bis (sodium hydrogen sulfite) Adduct, Hydrate C2H4Na2O8S2*xH2O CAS
517-21-5
Glyoxal-bis (2-hydroxyanil) C14H12N2O2 CAS 1149-16-2

I've mistaken 2 Glyoxylic acid for Glyoxal when I said 5 or 6, I hope you
wont hold this against me... I was looking at the formula (Glyoxylic acid ,
monohydrate) C2H2O3*H2O and it seem so close to the first version (Glyoxal,
40%) that I thought it could be also Glyoxal but it's probably not the case.

While I'm at it, I read it's yellow in color, does this color stays in the
gelatine when sizing?

Thanks
Yves