RE: Stain and exposure (was: Re: Gum image has reversed

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/12/06-02:37:19 PM Z

In my experience whether or not the paper has had a gelatin size, as well
as the bloom, percent & number of coats of that size are crucial and i
mean CRUCIAL variables in effects like staining, reversal, et al of
coating. Katharine, as I recall, doesn't size at all -- but also didn't
say which paper she used -- I also forget (if named) the paper and size
condition of the reported reversal...

Ahem -- IT SEEMS TO ME that any intention to test or repeat those findings
would need to replicate the conditions of and on the paper. Either that or
the major *finding* would be: On such and such paper this did or didn't
happen.

J.