Re: Glyoxal?

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 01/12/06-03:11:14 PM Z

but I don't bother to rinse
> as a step in the sizing process because the development bath in the gum
> process restores the paper to the original pristine white. So I don't see
> any necessity for a separate rinse. But you'll need to see if that works
> with your paper, or not.
> Katharine

Yves,
Sorry to disagree here but there are a number of us on the list that cannot
get that stain out no matter how much we soak it, breathe on it, sit on it,
look at it. You can do what you want, but don't say we didn't warn you :)
If I wanted a dull ivory paper to print on, I would have bought it that way
to begin with. It is unacceptable to me, but you may be one of the blessed
ones that don't get glyoxal yellowing. Pretty soon on my website I will
have an image of glyoxal yellowing to show you what I mean. However, my
guess is it is paper dependent, and perhaps related to my paper choice
coupled with my water supply. The point being, for some of us the yellow
does not disappear once it is there.
Chris