Re: Glyoxal?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 01/13/06-09:31:51 PM Z

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Christina Z. Anderson wrote:

> Personally, if I wasn't using glut I would go to formalin before glyoxal.
> It's worked for centuries--well, 1 1/2 centuries.

Where do you get formalin, Chris? In NYC you need a doctor's
prescription, or maybe a mortician in the family. I can get the former,
if not the latter, but don't because I find it so painful to use indoors &
don't like outdoors in winter. Plus, as I've said probably too many
times, glyoxal cleared better (for me, anyway).

J.