Re: Glyoxal?

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 01/14/06-10:57:19 AM Z

Hi Yves,
It is glutaraldehyde that I use, 6ml 2.5% dumped in a liter of gelatin 3%.

I have been using it for the last 2 years. I keep the glut/gelatin mix in a
thermos hot, pour out how much needed in my thermos top to minimize contact
with the stuff, brush on, hang to dry.

I have found it available as Black Magic liquid emulsion hardener.
Otherwise, Maxicide is the correct per cent.

What I find good about it is that the coating is smooth and not gritty.

However, as I said in my post, there is not enough alt process input to form
an unbiased opinion on the stuff. Two people on this list suffered
reactions to using it (headache, dizziness, etc.) so use it with caution. I
think both were using it at greater concentrations than I am. I don't get
headaches in general, so I may just not be the sensitive type. But I am
very cautious with the chemical, too.

I'll have 15 more "inputs" after the semester is over, though...
Chris

 Christina,