Re: Gelatin-polymer blend (was Re: Gesso sizing)

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 01/20/06-08:33:28 AM Z

Ryuji,

The gesso acrylic may not work for your purposes as a hardener for silver
processes but it certainly makes a hard and durable sizing for gum. I have
used it a few times and was able to coat and develop with my usual rough
brushing and even with many layers (many soakings and brushings) it held up
and the paper had not stain. I suspect the gelatin is not "hardened" but
just trapped within a matrix of acrylic.

Jack