Re: how to size and dry gum bichromate papers?

From: Hamish Stewart ^lt;hamish@gumphoto.co.uk>
Date: 01/22/06-05:04:55 AM Z

Pawel,

I also use Fabriano Artisco and for sizing use a 3% solution of gelatin
hardened with 20ml of formalin per litre. I use just one coat brushed on.
You can also immerse the paper in a tray of the gelatin solution - many
sources suggest using two baths with the hardener in the second.

I hang the sized paper up to dry with clothespegs and to flatten put the
paper under heavy glass. I find that some of the thinner papers can buckle a
little and would recommend a paper weight of at least 300gsm.

Hope this helps

Regards

Hamish Stewart

Gum Bichromate Photographer http://www.gumphoto.co.uk