Re: glute?

From: Jack Brubaker ^lt;jack@jackbrubaker.com>
Date: 01/22/06-04:25:03 PM Z

> From: "Christina Z. Anderson" <zphoto@montana.net>
> Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 19:49:05 -0700
> To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
> Subject: Re: glute?
>
> Hi Jack,
> Mine says on it LPP 92/LPE520

On the box mine says:
 Black Magic Additive
Art.Nr./No.: 6200
LPE520

On the label on the bottles it says:
LLP 92 /LPE 520
Black Magic Hardener

 and on the back, all in German, it says all
> this stuff but a formula of developer concentrate (125ml) to 775 ml water to
> 100ml of Black Magic and fill with water to a liter. It also says, "This
> sequence is strictly prescribed". I am assuming it is 2.5%,

Just to be sure I'm clear here. Are you assuming that the diluted solution
is 2.5%? Not the bottled solution?

 but in the
> sheet inside of the box it is unclear to me as it is in German, and it looks
> like it says 20-25%.

There is no sheet inside with mine... but perhaps you mean the label on the
bottles. Or did you get more info than I got? There is a sticker on the side
of the box that says "for films: 1/20 part of LP-Geladur per working
solution"

I emailed Maco and they did not email back. But the
> Maco MSDS says it is 2-5%.

I wonder if that is for the stock solution as sold or the working solution?

So I don't have it figured out yet whether the
> box insert is just written weird or they changed the formula or there are
> two separate products. I wish someone who spoke German on the list could
> tell us.
>
> All I know is when working with 2.5%, 6ml, to the liter of 3% gelatin, it
> stays liquid just fine although it feels smoothly acrylicish once dry, if
> that can be a correct descriptive term. I left some of the hardened stuff
> outside and it didn't turn to rock. Keith Gerling, if I am not mistaken,
> added too much and he got instant rockness. But I don't know what brand or
> proportion he was using.
> Chris

I so hate being the ugly American trapped inside my language singularity.

Jack