Re: glute?

From: Christina Z. Anderson ^lt;zphoto@montana.net>
Date: 01/22/06-05:36:52 PM Z

Jack,

OK, I looked at my box and it says LPE520 and Art.Nr./No.: 6200, but on the
bottle label it says LPP 92/LPE520 so I bet we are using the same stuff.

Now, on the side of the grey box it comes in, there's this long list of
ingredients in different products if i can read it correctly, and under:
Black Magic Harter:
15-20% Glutardialdehyd-bis natriumbisulfit
1-2% nitrobenzimidazolnitrat
12% Essigsaure.

I am just going to use 6ml of it per liter gelatin 3% and see how it works,
assuming it is, in fact, the 2.5% as Kees and Clay both say and the box is
an old box and the stuff inside is new, or I am misinterpreting the German
side panel. If it is 2.5% the 6ml will be .015% glut per liter. if it is
25% the glut will be .15% of the liter, hopefully not overkill.

I realized my sheet I was talking about was inside the EMULSION (Black
Magic) where it counsels how to use the stuff in liquid emulsion. There,
too, it talks of diluting it 1:20 first and then if I remember correctly,
using that 1:20 to your emulsion. So 5% solution used as 5% in the
emulsion, which is why I felt that the stuff was higher than 2.5%that the
product I have is actually the higher percentage glut. If 25% it would
result in a .0625% glut per liter.

I'll email mahn again...:(

I just hope someone on this list reads German, has the LPE520, and can help
us out.
Chris