Re: tonal inversion and pigment loads

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 01/27/06-07:28:08 PM Z

Hello, Yves,

Yes, it is an idea. Not sure about this, because when the paper is
developing in water, face down,
there is not a surface between the gum emulsion and water. Once
developed and out
of the water there is, of course, but by then the inversion effect is
already well formed and visible.

But you can test your idea rather easily, I think. Make an image that
presents inversion, and once
developed, put it for a moment in a bath of some tensoactive agent, in
order to destroy surface
tension. Any photographic humectant should do, or even a kitchen
detergent or soap.

If your idea is right, you should observe some clearing of the
inversion, stain, or whatever. If you
do it, please tell us of your results. You could even try to develop in
water with a little detergent,
to see if there's any difference.

Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain