Re: tonal inversion and pigment loads

From: Tom Sobota ^lt;tsobota@teleline.es>
Date: 01/29/06-06:39:36 PM Z

I don't find any inversion in the left part of the test that I just
posted. The leftmost strip is a somewhat
pathological case with an exposure of only 1 min., but the other two
don't show any inversion, as far
as I can see. It is easy to get images without inversion. It's just that
I'm aiming for obtaining this effect
under different circumstances to try to understand it.

By the way I made the test that you recently suggested. In this image:
http://usuarios.arsystel.com/tksobota/Test-1.jpg
I have marked three zones:

zone 1 is a normal gum response to a step tablet.

zone 2 has been covered by an opaque material during exposition. It
shows an uniform stain which
makes it darker than expected.

zone 3 actually had the same stain as zone 2 above, I just removed it
while still wet so the true color
of the paper could be seen. The color of the paper is the same as under
steps 6 and 7 of the tablet,
as you can see.

Tom Sobota
Madrid, Spain