Re: yes and no

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 01/30/06-11:38:22 PM Z

I also don't have time to follow every thread but I save everything
and they are indexed for searching, so that when I need to search for
past postings by myself or others, it'll take split seconds. (Research
is about re-searching what's already discussed and not re-arguing the
same, over and over.)

Most of the issues discussed here are not that difficult in hands of
real chemists. I don't understand why organizations like center for
photographic history and technology doesn't take initiaitve on
organizing research at a decent institution with serious photography
program AND real science and engineering departments. Real research is
very expensive (and I wouldn't do it for anything outside of my
personal iterests) but there gotta be ways to do better amateur
research if the effort is somehow organized.