Re: Gums a la Demachy and Puyo

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 10:09:29 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 1/7/06 2:08:00 pm, davidhatton@totalise.co.uk writes:

> Terry,
>
> Could you post an example on your website for us to see please,
>
> Thanks,
>
> David H

David

Yes, of course. As soon as I get over to the studio.

I am involved in some heavy gardening at the moment..

The surprising thing, or maybe not surprising, is that the 'retro-invention'
process has led to the conclusion that establishing the right relationships
between the basic ingredients by empirical means appears to be the secret
rather than complicated calculations involving molecular weight , ligands and
molar relationships.

I remember someone expressing surprise to me once that I should suggest that
you could make a good platinum print without involving 'curves'.

The trick is to keep it simple. The hard work is in making it simple !

Terry