Re: Gums a la Demachy and Puyo

From: Christina Z. Anderson <zphoto_at_montana.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 09:03:10 -0600

Demachy's formula:

gum, 50% (yes) solution
potassium bichromate saturated
3.7 ml (1 dram) of each
Add 2.6g (40 grains) red ochre

Hope I got my grains and drams right; used onlinecoversion.com--neat site!!

Although as Terry says, he "finds it impossible to give any hard or fast
formula but suggests that workers should commence with the following...".

Further it states that M. Demachy does not weigh his colors and all his
beautiful work is produced by one printing.
chris

Christina Z. Anderson
Assistant Professor of Photography
Montana State University