Re: Recording Light Meter

From: Dan Burkholder <fdanb_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 10:51:30 -0500 (CDT)

Hey Bob,

This "solution" will probably be less automated than you want but it
would work in a kludgy sort of way.

Lots of digital cameras now have intervalometers built-in or available
via an accessory remote cord. I use Canon's to time long exposures but
it also has the intervalometer feature which is very flexible in timing
the exposure intervals.

You could have the camera take photos of your meter readings at whatever
interval you want. Of course, then you must enter that data into your
spreadsheet program or whatever software you use to generate the data.

One benefit, the camera could be safely indoors while your meters are
outside measuring the light.

Just a thought.

Good luck with your project, which will hopefully be more automated than
the above suggestion!

Dan

--
http://www.DanBurkholder.com