OT and Alt Recovery

From: Ender100_at_aol.com
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 17:25:27 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to everyone who responded with kind words and humor both on and off
the list. I'm to be released tomorrow and should be back to normal — well what
is normal for me?

For those who have asked what happened, it is somewhat embarrassing but
typical for me. I smashed the big toenail on my right foot. This was a month
ago. The toenail decided to make a break for it and I was not paying attention
to it and failed to go to a podiatrist. This led to an infection of my
right calf that was diagnosed as Cellulitis. Apparently nothing to mess with and
deadly if not treated promptly and properly.

Since I am allergic to penicillin, the doctor could not use his treatment of
choice and I was relegated to massive IV's of antibiotics. This was
started on inpatient basis on July 4th and I am supposed to be released tomorrow if
all is well. The original, attention getting pain is all gone and all my
vital signs are normal. If nothing else, I had the satisfaction of passing all
physical tests with flying colors and know I am in decent physical shape. We
won't talk about the results of the MMPI.

I also finally got friends and family to bring food to the hospital :)

So thanks again for the kind thoughts from you folks in the wide wide world
alt photo community. Stop by and we'll have a beer.

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives