Re: OT and Alt Recovery

From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 17:49:36 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: <Ender100@aol.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:25 PM
Subject: OT and Alt Recovery

Thanks to everyone who responded with kind words and humor
both on and off
the list. I'm to be released tomorrow and should be back
to normal — well what
is normal for me?

For those who have asked what happened, it is somewhat
embarrassing but
typical for me. I smashed the big toenail on my right
foot. This was a month
ago. The toenail decided to make a break for it and I was
not paying attention
to it and failed to go to a podiatrist. This led to an
infection of my
right calf that was diagnosed as Cellulitis. Apparently
nothing to mess with and
deadly if not treated promptly and properly.

Since I am allergic to penicillin, the doctor could not use
his treatment of
choice and I was relegated to massive IV's of antibiotics.
This was
started on inpatient basis on July 4th and I am supposed to
be released tomorrow if
all is well. The original, attention getting pain is all
gone and all my
vital signs are normal. If nothing else, I had the
satisfaction of passing all
physical tests with flying colors and know I am in decent
physical shape. We
won't talk about the results of the MMPI.

I also finally got friends and family to bring food to the
hospital :)

So thanks again for the kind thoughts from you folks in the
wide wide world
alt photo community. Stop by and we'll have a beer.

Mark Nelson
Precision Digital Negatives

    What a saga! I'm glad you came out of it OK. As far as
toe nails go you really must stop dancing with elephants.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com