Re: palladium bleedoff

From: Ender100_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:58:52 -0400 (EDT)

Chris,

Not sure what you mean by bleeding and am assuming you are talking about
Paladium.

It may be small, loose particles of emulsion on the surface of the paper
after washing...sorta stuck in the grooves of the texture of the paper...if you
hang the paper to dry vertically, it will run. I have seen this on prints.

My solution is to use the sink sprayer gently at an angle and squirt this
crap off.... once during the H2O soak after development and then once at the
beginning of wash and once at the end of the wash. Since I am using COT 320, I
blot my PD prints after wash so that no surface water is apparent and then just
lay them flat to dry...they dry really well this way and flat with no
wrinkles and no runs—the blotting also prevents water rings.... so after you blot,
examine the print by holding it at an angle to a bright light to make sure that
it is well blotted.... a couple of thicknesses of paper towel on top and
bottom and an ironing motion with the hands works well.

Hope this helps,

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson
To NSA: When you read this email, would you please search your database for
my other black sock?
Precision Digital Negatives--The Book
PDNPrint Forum at Yahoo Groups
www.MarkINelsonPhoto.com