Re: Watercolor pigments - pigments to avoid...

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:33:33 -0700

Hi Matt,
For lightfastness information on watercolor pigments, the best
reference, always kept current (I hope Bruce McEvoy is young and
keeps his interest in this project for his whole life, because I
don't know what the watercolor world will do when he stops keeping
this site, an absolute treasure trove of information about watercolor
pigments):

http://handprint.com/HP/WCL/waterfs.html

As for whether pigments are good to use in gum bichromate printing,
there are lots of myths, but I've used almost every pigment used in
watercolor paints, and have yet to find one that is incompatible with
the process. Each pigment has its own printing characteristics, so
it would be important to know what your goal is with a particular
printing, whether a particular pigment would be able to achieve that
goal or not.
Katharine