Re: Watercolor pigments - pigments to avoid...

From: Matthew Magruder <me_at_scootermagruder.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:57:47 -0500

Katharine
Thanks so much.
I didnt explain more thoroughly in my first email. Im using Gum
Bichrom as layers over pt/pd prints (mainly pd since Im just using
the Na2 method). I found out last night, the hard way, that either
prussian blue or indigo hue will stain. created some bad blue
spotting. I am using the Grumbacher water color pigments. Ive started
accumulating Winsor and Newton pigments to replace them. I have the
grumbachers on hand as I used to dabble in watercolor painting along
with acrylic as the mainstay.
Ill have to continue to just explore and test. Altho the links you
and Don provided will likely prove to be immensely helpful. Im even
tempted to give straight gum printing a try. Although Im still just
so much in love with the color and depth the gum layers add to the
palladium printing Ive been doing for a while now.

Thanks again.

Matt