Re: Determining SPT with gum Was: Gums a la Demachy and Puyo

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 01:59:14 -0400 (EDT)

Mark

Pretty language but you miss the point entirely.

The point was was, and the point remains, that all this stuff is quite
unnecessary in making gum prints.

I would not bother about it but some poor beginner may think that much of
this fuss about nothing, propounded, to use you word, in such a pontificating
manner, is likely to be any use beyond the requirements of the 'anorak'.

Your comment

. Gum prints can be modified by additional layers of gum and/or heavy work
with a fire hose, weed whacker or brillo pad.

missed the point that I am making that the methods I suggest lead to creative
and beautiful prints in far less time and with far less effort. The princples
remain the same; they are just applied more effectively.

Now if you want to have development tine measured in hours rather than
minutes or seconds, and sixteen coats, rather than one two or three, that is up to
you. If you want to use colours that make anyone with a sensitive eye, wince,
that is up to you.

But it is surely good for the health of gum printing, to point out, from time
to time, that there are other ways of doing it that lead to results that are,
at the very least, as good.

Terry