Re: Determining SPT with gum Was: Gums a la Demachy and Puyo

From: David & Jan Harris <david.j.harris2_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 11:41:05 +0100

Loris

That is interesting. I agree that with the visual approach it is easy to
choose too great a SPT.

With gum, I get dichromate stain at exposures lower than the Dmax exposure
so I chose my SPT based on a level of dichromate stain that is easily
cleared. This way I can stop my colours from getting muddy. I usually do gum
over cyanotype so I'm not too concerned about high density.

David