Re: Determining SPT with gum Was: Gums a la Demachy and Puyo

From: TERRYAKING_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 04:08:17 -0400 (EDT)

gauvreau-yves@cgocable.ca writes:

> The only suggestion I would make to those experience gum printers is this,
> please don't say to newbies or want to be gum printers, just get some gum,
> some pigments and a piece of paper and go have fun

Yves

The one thing that seems to come across in your comments is that you have not
had much experience of gum printing.

As understanding the aesthetic and technique of the 'masters' is very
important, I found it worrying that you had not read enough on the subject of gum
printing to have heard of Demachy and Puyo.

Of course it is worthwhile to establish the different density ranges one can
obtain from different methods of gum printing. One also needs to understand
the such matters of contrast and perception of contrast. But proper use of these
tools can only come with practice.

The easiest way to learn how to do it is to go on a workshop.

I will be running a three day workshop in Richmond if anyone is interested.

Terry