Regular Paper Archival Treatment

From: John C. <johnjohnc_at_core.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 08:15:24 -0400

   I do some work for a printing outfit , therefore I have access to a large
quantity of various papers they have used and is left over from different
jobs. Some of it is rather nice in the 80 pound to 100 pound called "
cover " but no mention is made of archival properties on the boxes .....
They are not 100 percent rag and most is hot pressed I am sure.
        The question is has anyone tried using regular non coated papers ?
Would gelatin sizing it increase the archival property of that paper ..?
Is there anything I can add to the sizing to increase the life span of the
paper?
John Cremati