Re: palladium drydown-- defining terms

From: Katharine Thayer <kthayer_at_pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:51:03 -0700

On Jul 21, 2006, at 4:11 AM, BOB KISS wrote:
> I mentioned in a post about 1 1/2 to two years ago that I found
> that prints
> from digital negatives had a curious drying phenomenon that prints
> from
> camera original negs did not. In prints from digital negs, the
> shadows lost
> density but so did the highlights...they both got lighter!!! In
> prints from
> camera original negs the dry down was more standard, i.e. the
> highlights got
> darker and the shadows lighter.

Sorry, I'm confused... not being a platinum printer I don't know
the answer to this question from experience, and reading the
discussion isn't helping, given the seemingly opposite descriptions
sampled above: does dry-down in pt/pd usually result in increased
DMax, or decreased DMax, compared to the wet print? Thanks,
Katharine