Re: 1st & 2nd Cyanotype

From: Camden Hardy <camden_at_hardyphotography.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:34:30 -0600 (MDT)

Gu,

> I did notice what you said about the second step wedge. I was hoping that
> the lack of contrast in it was due to if/because it was overexposed. I'll
> bump up the contrast in the neg after one more go at it with this neg.

I would suggest lightening up the highlights more than just a straight
contrast change. I'm not sure how to describe this, but here goes. Use
curves to increase the contrast, and tweak the highlights (top-right of
the positive image) further out than the shadows (bottom-left). The
shadows & midtones are pretty much taking over the print...this will punch
the highlights out a bit more.

Camden Hardy

camden@hardyphotography.net
http://www.hardyphotography.net