RE: Press release PS

From: Liam Lawless <lawless_at_bulldoghome.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:03:32 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Liam Lawless [mailto:lawless@bulldoghome.com]
Sent: 23 July 2006 00:37
To: alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca
Subject: RE: Press release

   Not too bad, if my calculations are correct this is about
$1.00 US an 8x10 sheet.
   I wonder how well this stuff keeps and what storage
conditions are best for it.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com
Some years ago I used a few sheets of a 50-box and forgot about the rest for
a few months.  Made beautiful prints when fresh, but less than a year later
it was foggy and useless.  It may have fared better if I'd kept it in the
fridge, but it appears to have a very much shorter life than DOP.
Old books say that moisture is the great enemy, and for this reason it was
once interleaved with straw paper.  The POP I used (Centennial?) was
interleaved, but with what sort of paper I couldn't say.
Liam
Interleaving would also protect neighbouring sheets from the free silver
nitrate.