Re: palladium drydown and developer (albumen & collodion)

From: Peter Marshall <petermarshall_at_cix.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 16:44:26 +0100

Don,

I don't think you have made any point, just insulted another list
member. If you can't behave better I'll be asking Gordon to reassess
your membership :-) I've been on this list for many years too, but only
post when I have something to say.

Terry wasn't comparing anything with his process, but arguing about the
ease of the 'traditional' and 'new' cyantoypes. I'd choose the
traditional method when running workshops for children myself, as I've
certainly found it easier, particularly if you are working on a wide
range of negatives, to get usable results.

I went to the first meeting of members from this list that Terry
organised, and to the first APIS too. I've also worked with Terry on
various other things over the years. But I still delete quite a few of
his posts, as well as those from several others on the list, whose
messages here often annoy.

The new methods are bound to become widely known in time as various
people attend the workshops or pay for the instructions. I don't see
much point in Terry's approach in charging as I think it is more trouble
than it is worth for the small amount he will make from it, but I don't
have any problem with him doing so. There have been several people
conducting a very silly campaign on here about this that annoys me
rather more than anything Terry has done in recent months.

Regards

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/