Re: Rex: myths and magic

From: Ender100_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:01:27 -0400 (EDT)

David,

Out of curiousity, you mentioned below that in case #1 you got nowhere near a
paper white on the CDRP and ended up using RGB Grayscale negative/color. In
case #2 you mentioned that you expect to get a paper white square on the
CDRP.... but I am not sure what it is in the printing/chemistry that is the
difference between the two?

My other question is, for this process, though you didn't get a paper white
square on the CDRP, what was the lightest square you got? My reason for
asking is that sometimes certain altprocess & ink combinations give surprisingly
different results than one would expect.

By the way I looked at the prints you made at the website (indicated below)
and liked them. I liked the subtle tones and the tonalities remind me of a
nice hi key pt/pd print. Nice to see all the different comparisons in toning,
etc.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best Wishes,
Mark Nelson