Re: myths and magic

From: David & Jan Harris <david.j.harris2_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 22:19:46 +0100

Hi Loris

Agreed. You didn't make any such assertions. But someone else misinterpreted
what was said somewhere on the thread. For example, here is a quote:

> Given that some people may
> prefer a low contrast image (including Terry) the process may be fine,
> however Terry has neatly avoided the fact the one could never get any
other
> result.

On lists such as this it is easy for people to misinterpret other's
conjecture/observations based on limited data, and very rapidly myths grow
to the point that they become accepted facts. Often, there is no one person
at fault. Its a bit like chinese whispers.

I don't believe that Terry has ever claimed that Cy-Rex is better than trad
(or new).

Nor do I. I simply say that I can get better results with Cy-Rex. Side by
side the Cy-Rex prints look better. I haven't tried new, so can't comment on
that.

You are also right about judging prints on the web. I could scan some of my
trad cyanotypes and you would not be able to see much, if any, difference.
Probably the biggest difference is that they would look more cyan, less
blue.

Regards

David