RE: gold print

From: Nigel Betternueue <nigel_betternu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 05:42:54 -0700 (PDT)

While it is true that one can use the classic
cyanotype recipe and make an image that has rich deep
tones and pleasing contrast, why on earth would one
want to join the hoi-polloi in the mad rush toward
print quality? Clearly this illustrates that one can
read the literature from the old masters, muck around
a bit with some chemistry, mix in a little attitude
and create something that more than makes up for its
lack of the vastly overrated attribute of quality in
its sheer exuberance, arcane wizardry and technical
prowess. Why make it good when you can make it
different?

Nigel