Re: Motives

From: REDROCKET <redrocket_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:14:24 -0700

Well,

My opinion is that for the most part, people on this list are very willing
to share their "secrets." I've learned a lot from answers to questions on
this list. Different from a book or workshop, it is sad when these "secrets"
become a profit motive.

Rather than share something any of us have learned through our time and
expense, maybe we will all hold back our secrets in hopes of cashing in on a
profit, or why aid a stranger on the list because they may make a profit?

I'd rather this list stay non commercial. I have all the POST FACTORY
issues. And I never felt that if I didn't purchase the publication, the
originator or publisher wouldn't share tips, formulas etc. In fact, Many of
the help I got years ago were by the authors of the articles, irrespective
if I was a subscriber.

I think it's just a matter of if its the Art first and then the commerce or
the other way around?

There's a lot of discussion about digital negs. And you can pay pretty good
money for digital publications. But even if you choose not to buy them,
there are enough enthusiasts who have explained the process. And I have
appreciated those individuals that would explain about Blocking color, PS
settings, and calibrating curves, for no other reason than to help a fellow
alt photographer. So I'll thank all of you who do offer your knowledge to
those of us.

Sincerely

Max Webber