Re: Motives

From: Peter Marshall <petermarshall_at_cix.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:59:40 +0100

Various members of this list over the years have published material on
aspects of alt photo which was only available for payment, sometimes as
books or magazines, and sometimes as digital documents. I've bought
things from several people because they were mentioned here. I can't
remember any complaints about 'advertising'. Other people mention
workshops etc. I occasionally mention things on the commercial site I
work for for that matter.

In the past I've published any information free of charge, but could
afford to do so because I was getting paid for teaching. Now most of
what I write is paid for by advertising rather than free. As Terry
suggests, most of us have to make a living, and for some of us,
photography is the way we do it.

If you want to know Terry's 'secrets', it isn't a great price to pay.
He's put a lot of work into the project and is unlikely to become a
millionaire from it. Considerably cheaper than going on a workshop and
learning the process from him, though rather less entertaining..

Otherwise you can either stick to the doing things the old way or take a
look at the various hints about these processes that have been published
on this list and elsewhere (though you may have to pay for a magazine)
and invest a little of your own time into working out how to do it. That
way will probably cost you rather more in materials used in the
experiments of course.

And of course most of us have at some time managed to press the wrong
button and send private messages to the list by mistake.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Marshall
petermarshall@cix.co.uk +44 (0)1784 456474
31 Budebury Rd, STAINES, Middx, TW18 2AZ, UK
My London Diary http://mylondondiary.co.uk/
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/
The Buildings of London etc: http://londonphotographs.co.uk/
and elsewhere......