Re: SPAM (on the bright side)

From: Camden Hardy <camden_at_hardyphotography.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:27:05 -0600 (MDT)

Judy,

> I gather this means Google has got everybody's site in their cache? Or I
> guess just the text, not the pictures? It's kind of creepy anyway... but
> I'm not complaining.

You're actually not that far off. A few years ago Google announced a
"revolutionary" means of browsing the web: cached browsing (I don't
remember what they called it, but that's essentially what it was). The
idea was that by storing a copy of the data on their servers people could
still see content when the original server is down. It never really
caught on, but Google continues to cache websites.

Camden Hardy

camden@hardyphotography.net
http://www.hardyphotography.net