SPAM (on the bright side)

From: Judy Seigel <jseigel_at_panix.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 01:22:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jack. Glad you're getting list mail -- I was sorry not to comply with
request, but didn't have the loose energy. As for spam, I think my ESP has
a Spam filter, but still, if I log on after a couple of days, there can be
100 or more e-mails... about 33-1/3% of which are spam. I can tell that by
looking at them so just have to click delete, and feel like I've
accomplished something without having to think...

Meanwhile, I've had to change my post-factory site after losing connection
there in computer hell last month & couldn't get it back.... But
apparently the new site isn't fully operational yet, so I've got to jump
up & down some more.

I'll add that in the confusion of the move, content (such as it was, about
a megabyte worth of an index & some other small matters) was lost, and who
knew where to find the backup from 10 years ago??!! (On a zip drive in the
bottom of a trunk in the cellar, maybe). But tech support at panix (now
hosting the P-F site too) had brainstorm-- found most of it in a google
cache, could you believe? Now all I have to do is get back onto the site
& hang it from the sun moon or stars... I go into this because I know some
folks have tried & failed to e-mail "editor" there.

I gather this means Google has got everybody's site in their cache? Or I
guess just the text, not the pictures? It's kind of creepy anyway... but
I'm not complaining.

best,

Judy