Re: pure silver list

From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:39:45 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Murphy" <pmurf@bellsouth.net>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@usask.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 2:08 PM
Subject: Re: pure silver list

> Pure Silver ? A List about Becquerel Daguerreotypes?
> un-gilded of course...
>
> *smiles*

   A serious answer despite the smile. Pure Silver was
originally formed for discussion of B&W photography by
conventional means but those alternative processes relying
on the light sensitivity of Silver and its compounds all fit
the general topics. In that way it overlaps this group.
Color has become part of the acceptable topics because all
modern color processes are based on silver-gelatin sensitive
layers at least for part of the process. The owner of the
original list decided to withdraw due to time constraints
and the list was moved to another server with a different
owner. The current list is on the Freelists server:
http://www.freelists.org and can be subcribed to using
their web interface. Both Eric and I are administrators of
this list and can subscribe someone if the web interface
does not work.
   Anyone with an interest in the range of topics the list
covers is cordially invited to join.
   Ryuji Suzuki started another list, the Silver Grain list,
especially for those experimenting with silver-gelatin
emulsion making. I don't know if this list is still active
but information is on Ryuji's web site at
http://www.silvergrain.org.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA