Re: pure silver list

From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs_at_silvergrain.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:20:41 -0400

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:39:45 -0700, "Richard Knoppow"
<dickburk@ix.netcom.com> said:

> Ryuji Suzuki started another list, the Silver Grain list,
> especially for those experimenting with silver-gelatin emulsion
> making. I don't know if this list is still active but information
> is on Ryuji's web site at http://www.silvergrain.org.

Richard, this description is not accurate. There are two versions of
pure-
silver, as a result of dissipating name calling and personal attacks
that occured soon after Tim D's announcement. Most of the ugly threads
moved onto the freelist-based version of pure-silver, then lead by Jim
Brick. Some people brought up good arguments favoring an independent
server to manage the mailing list, rather than using freelist service,
but since no one took the effort to implement this proposal, I started
one of the two current pure-silver lists on my server. In short, there
are two pure-silver lists running concurrently.

Incidentally, I used to have a mailing list called silvergrain on my
server, but it was before Tim D stopped his pure-silver. The list was
dropped partly because of low level of interest in emulsion making, and
partly because I think the topics related to making silver-gelatin
emulsions fall in the coverage of this alt-process group.