Re: frame shop glass = float glass

From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:08:52 -0400

Hi,

I don't know much about glass but the names of two kinds of different
glass have been used on this thread, namely "Plate" glass and "Float" glass.

Could somebody take the time and explain the difference between the two.
  It would be much appreciated.

By the way, I remeasured the piece of glass in my 8x10 holder and the
thickness is a hair over 1.5mm, so probably 1.6mm, well within the
parameters that someone posted, namely between 1.4 and 1.6 mm.

Cheers,
Bogdan

--
   Bogdan Karasek