Re: Alt List correspondence on "Nabble'

From: Camden Hardy <camden_at_hardyphotography.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:20:24 -0600 (MDT)

Kees,

> Camden, you are right but the links you find on google are allways to
> the real listarchive and not to a 'mirrored' one. Which is in my
> opinion a step too far and something differnt than the google cache
> which is still the real site but cached at google.

Why is this a problem? Nabble isn't changing the content in any way; all
they're doing is making public information more accessible to those
looking for it. In the case of a mailing list, I don't see why the
content has to come from the original source (in this case, the alt list's
web page).

>Nabble also claims the possibility to 'post' on the nabble.com version of
>the list. It looks like nabble is using a real subscribtion for this.

As shown by the test post via nabble, it also comes to the real list. Is
it a problem that someone can anonymously post to the list? This list is
hardly restricted in membership, so I don't see a need to prevent anyone
from posting via nabble.

Just my 2 cents.

Camden Hardy

camden@hardyphotography.net