Re: Alt List correspondence on "Nabble'

From: Camden Hardy <camden_at_hardyphotography.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:56:39 -0600 (MDT)

> The reason I asked the question was that when I opened a reference on
> Google
> to cyanotype rex, the Nabble version of the alt list archive turned up.
> After
> posting the question I checked further; it seemed quite a useful service.
>
> Terry

I agree. I did some browsing/searching, and I can't really find any
reason to be upset about it. Here's a quote I found in one of the posts
there:

"My usual first reaction when I see stuff like this just pop up
with no communication (they certainly didn't ask for permission
to provide this service) is to jump up and down and screech
incoherently in an ape-like fashion, kinda like that scene in
2001 Space Odyssey. My second reaction, though, is that I'm
failing to think of a reason right now why this is a problem.
I'd be happy to be reminded of such a reason, if anybody
can think of one, and try to squish it.

Until then, some of us might find some value in this. "

It's actually a pretty cool service.

Camden Hardy

camden@hardyphotography.net
http://www.hardyphotography.net